The period in brief – financial summary for the second quarter
- Net sales amounted to SEK 0 million (SEK 0).
- R&D expenses amounted to SEK 16.5 million (SEK 14.7 million).
- Operating income for the second quarter amounted to SEK -18.3 million (SEK -15.4 million). Income after financial items for the second quarter amounted to SEK -18.2 million (SEK -15.6 million).
- Earnings per share, before and after dilution, for the second quarter amounted to SEK -0.22 (SEK-0.28).
- Cash flow from operating activities for the second quarter amounted to SEK -14.8 million (SEK -14.4 million).
- As of June 30, equity amounted to SEK 76.9 million (SEK 95.0 million) or SEK 0.94 (SEK 1.69) per share.
- The equity/assets ratio on June 30 2023 was 84 percent (87 percent).
- Cash and cash equivalents on June 30 2023 amounted to SEK 67.0 million (SEK 82.3 million).
Significant events during the second quarter
- Kancera reported that the company has submitted the regulatory application to conduct a First-In- Human study of its fractalkine blocker KAND145.
- Kancera reported that patient screening to the KANDOVA-study, a combined phase Ib/IIa study of the fractalkine blocker KAND567 in ovarian cancer patients, has been started.
- Kancera reported the outcome of the exercise period for warrants of series TO6: approx.. 25 percent of outstanding warrants were utilized adding approximately SEK 5.9 million (before transaction costs) in cash to Kancera.
- Kancera reported that Peter Selin is appointed as new Chief Executive Officer as of July 1 2023.
- Kancera reported that the first patient in the KANDOVA study has been dosed with KAND567.
Important events after the end of the period
- USPTO has granted a product patent for KAND567, manufactured according to Kancera’s patented manufacturing process, that enables Kancera to apply for data exclusivity and market protection for up to 7.5 year for the first indication approved in the United States.
About Kancera AB (publ)
Kancera is developing a new class of drugs for treatment of cancer and severe inflammatory diseases, that today are lacking effective treatments. Kancera’s main focus is to develop small molecule drug candidates based on the fractalkine axis. The fractalkine axis is a natural master regulator that with precision controls immune cells and cancer cells. The stock is traded on the Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market. FNCA Sweden AB is the company's Certified Adviser.
For further information:
CEO, Kancera AB
Phone: +46 (0)8-5012 60 80
Visit Kancera’s web page: https://www.kancera.com/en
This information is information that Kancera is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 2023-08-18 08:30 CEST.