The period in brief – financial summary for the third quarter
- Net sales amounted to SEK 0 million (SEK 0).
- R&D expenses amounted to SEK 9,2 million (SEK 8,7 million).
- Operating income for the third quarter amounted to SEK -10,5 million (SEK -10,7 million).
- Income after financial items for the third quarter amounted to SEK -10,7 million (SEK -10,9 million).
- Earnings per share, before and after dilution, for the third quarter amounted to SEK -0.13 (SEK -0.19).
- Cash flow from operating activities for the third quarter amounted to SEK -8,8 million (SEK -14,1 million).
- As of September 30, equity amounted to SEK 66,1 million (SEK 84,1 million) or SEK 0.81 (SEK 1.50) per share.
- The equity/assets ratio on September 30, was 84 percent (89 percent).
- Cash and cash equivalents on September 30, amounted to SEK 58,2 million (SEK 68,2 million).
Significant events during the second quarter
- Peter Selin started as new CEO of Kancera AB on July 1, 2023.
- Kancera announced that Dr. Markus Jerling has been appointed as new CMO, effective as of September 1, 2023.
- Kancera reported that all lab analyses of data related to the primary and secondary endpoints have been completed, the study database has been validated and locked and the study sponsor, NHS, is conducting statistical analysis. Further, Kancera reported that top line results are expected to be presented in Q4 2024.
- Kancera reported that the USPTO has granted a product patent for KAND567, manufactured according to Kancera’s patented manufacturing process, which enables Kancera to apply for data exclusivity and market protection for up to 7.5 years for the first indication approved in the United States.
- Kancera reported that the regulatory review of Kancera’s application to conduct a phase I study of KAND145 is ongoing and that approval is expected in Q4 2023.
Important events after the end of the period
- Kancera has reported that the application to conduct a phase I study of KAND145 has received regulatory approval.
- Kancera has reported that the top line results from the FRACTAL study will be delayed to the end of December this year, due to lack of resources within the NHS to finalize the statistical analysis.
- Kancera is reporting that the first subjects in the phase I study have been dosed with KAND145.
- Kancera is reporting that the preclinical projects KAN571 (ROR1 inhibitor) and KAN757 (PFKFB3 inhibitor) have been terminated on commercial grounds.
About Kancera AB (publ)
Kancera is developing a new class of drugs for treatment of cancer and severe inflammatory diseases, that today are lacking effective treatments. Kancera’s main focus is to develop small molecule drug candidates based on the fractalkine axis. The fractalkine axis is a natural master regulator that with precision controls immune cells and cancer cells. The stock is traded on the Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market. FNCA Sweden AB is the company’s Certified Adviser.
For further information:
Visit Kancera’s web page: https://www.kancera.com/en and see
Presentation of Interim Report for Q3 2023
CEO, Kancera AB
firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 (0)8-5012 60 80